Thank you so much to My Life As A Sports Fangirl for tagging me to do this award. I love doing tags (and I’ve never been tagged for an award before!) and these questions were really fun to answer!
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
HOW IT WORKS
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the aware and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
1. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK OF 2017 SO FAR
I’m going to cheat and say two because I can’t decide between One of us is Lying by Karen M. McManus and The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. They were both amazing for their own reasons and I would recommend both very highly!
2. HAVE YOU READ ANY DEBUT AUTHORS THIS YEAR?
Both of the novels I mentioned above happen to be debuts for their authors. Based on this evidence, I will be eagerly looking out for whatever they both write next!
3. WHAT MADE YOU WANT TO START BLOGGING?
Great question! There’s a couple of different things. First, was encouragement from my friends. The idea of starting a book blog had been floating around my head for a while and then a few of my friends (who already had their own different types of blogs) told me I should just go for it, so I did! I’m also a member of Girl Guiding and for one of their schemes/badges you have to undertake a creative project that lasts no less than 30 hours so I thought a book blog would fit perfectly into this category. What I can say though, is that I never imagined to enjoy blogging or get as much out of it as I have so far (and I plan to continue well beyond 30 hours!).
4. ARE YOU A SPORTS FAN? WHY OR WHY NOT?
Yes, I am a huge a sports fan. Being Welsh, rugby union is the big favourite but I will pretty much watch any sport on TV if it’s on and I love going to watch sports live (especially rugby in the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.)! I guess the main reason I’m a sports fan is because my mum and dad have always been big sports fans so it was just natural for me to become one too!
5. WHO IS THE ONE AUTHOR YOU WANT TO READ BUT HAVE YET TO CHECK OUT?
I have yet to read anything by Leigh Bardugo yet, even though I have been meaning to read Six of Crows for ages. But, I now have that book so will start reading it very soon. I am very excited about this!
6. IF YOU COULD REWRITE ANY BOOK ENDING WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell.
7. DO YOU WATCH BOOKTUBE? IF SO, WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOKTUBER?
I don’t really anymore because I prefer reading blog posts, but last summer I watched quite a bit (which was one of the reasons I decided I wanted to start a book blog) and my favourite then was Hailey in Bookland.
8. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE TIME OF DAY TO READ?
I like reading a night time when I am snuggled up warm in bed.
9. IF YOU COULD TAKE YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK CHARACTER TO A RESTAURAUNT, WHERE WOULD YOU TAKE THEM?
I would take Hermione (from Harry Potter), to the Italian Restaurant Zizzi in Cardiff because I went with my friend and it was very chilled and relaxed, so we could just spend a couple of hours in there chatting.
10. DO YOU HAVE ANY PLANS FOR FALL?
Thank you for asking! I will be going back to University for my third and last year (last year!) of my undergraduate degree later on in September. On an academic front then, I will be doing lots of work and hopefully applying for PGCE courses! On a less academic note, I will (hopefully) be doing lots of reading, blogging, making the most of my last year in Uni and living in the city, and hopefully drinking lots of lovely warm drinks from Starbucks and/or Costa!
11. WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE DISNEY PRINCESS/CHARACTER.
Another cheat here, because I can’t decide between two! My favourite Disney Princess in the one and only Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I have loved her since I first saw the film when I was tiny for obvious reasons; she loves books and she’s beautiful (inside and out!) and strong! Tied with Belle (do I get away with cheating because I’m choosing one princess and one character?) is the one and only Sadness from Inside Out. Sadness is a very important character to me personally, and reminds me that sometimes, it’s ok to be sad for a while, which I think is a really important message that isn’t always put across as it should be!
As always, no worries if you have already done this tag or don’t fancy it, but just know I love reading your blogs, so thank you so much for creating such great content!
1. Which author would you ask to write your biography?
2. Which literary character do you most identify with?
3. What is your favourite song from a musical?
4. What is your favourite sound?
5. What is your favourite book title and why?
6. Which (if any) book series have you DNFd?
7. If you could go back and get your younger self (at any age) to read any book, which book would it be and why?
8. Are there any adaptions you like more than the original book?
9. If your life up to now was made into a film, what song would play during the end credits?
10. Are you looking forward to Christmas yet?
11. Which one book do you think everyone should read at least once in their lifetime?
Thanks for reading this tag. Like I said, I loads of fun doing it, and I am having a great time on this blog!