Yes, I know, this is very late. Basically, I had so much work over Christmas that I didn’t really have any time to even look at my presents, never mind writing a blog post about them. But now, I finally have time to take stock and I thought I would share some of my more bookish gifts with you!
I stopped asking for loads of books for Christmas (and my birthday) a couple of years ago when I decided that I didn’t like having a big physical TBR. Even so I got a few non-fiction books from my mum and dad including my favourite comedian’s book Parsnips, Buttered and the newest book by one of the presenters of my favourite TV game show Pointless namely The World Cup of Everything by Richard Osman. I also got a few poetry books including Rupi Kaur’s second anthology which I got from my big sister. Funnily I had bought her a bookmark with a Rupi Kaur quote on it too, without either of us knowing what the other was planning!
- Parsnips, Buttered by Joe Lycette
- The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan
- Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
- Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats by T.S.Elliot
- The World Cup of Everything by Richard Osman
- The Strictly Come Dancing Annual
- The Sun and her Flowers by Rupi Kaur
- The Poetry Pharmacy by William Sieghart
- How to be an Explorer of the World by Keri Smith
In terms of non-book bookish things I got a few pop figures to go on my bookshelf when I get back to my uni house including Winter Belle and Beast from my mum and dad and Spiderman, which my little sister surprised me with! I also got a really cute bookish t-shirt from my mum and dad!
- Winter Belle Pop Figure
- Winter Beast Pop Figure
- Spiderman Bobble Head Pop Figure
- Book T-shirt
So there we have it, my slightly (and by slightly I mean incredibly) late Christmas haul of books and bookish things! I am so massively thankful for everything I received! What bookish things did you get over the holiday period?
As always, happy reading!